The movie assignment is worth 20 marks.
The purpose of this project is to watch a historical movie. Not a movie set in a historical time period (like Captain America) but a film about an actual historical event… one that we’ve studied or will be studying in class. You are to answer the following questions. Each fully explained answer is worth two marks. One mark for your opinion, one mark for including something from the movie (for example, in the film)…
Watching the movie in class and using it as your movie will not AUTOMATICALLY earn you full marks. You will have to complete the ADDITIONAL PORTION if you use the movie we watched in class as your film. Please write in complete sentences.
1. Did you enjoy this film (1) Why or why not? (1)
2. Who were the main characters in this film (if you can’t remember their names, that’s okay… describe them). (2)
3. What was this film about? (1) What historical time period was it set in? (1)
4. In what ways was the film realistic? Were there any parts of the film you found unrealistic? (2)
5. What rating would you give this film (out of four stars)? (2)
If you used the film in class, submit a letter written as one of the characters in the film, explaining your actions to a relative who is not on screen and saying goodbye. Justify your actions as part of the plot to assassinate Heydrich… explain how you justify killing & list some reasons why you did it (look up what Heydrich was known for). This letter is to be buried and found 50 years later.
This letter is worth 10 marks and MUST CONTAIN some of the things Reinhart Heydrich did in order to get full marks.
SUBMIT A PHOTO OF YOURSELF WATCHING A DIFFERENT MOVIE that you did for section one. This photo is worth 10 marks. A receipt also works, if you watched the movie in a theatre.
DUE TUESDAY AUGUST 8th
TODAY WE WATCHED THE MOVIE ANTHROPOID & FINISHED NOTES FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY
If you’re here looking for your grade and your name is:
or in the AM class
I’m going to bed. I’ll mark your projects tomorrow. SORRY!
Hour 1: test!
Hour 2: work period
Hour 3: 1920s culture
Reminders from me for the weekend:
1) All test scores for Multiple Choice have been uploaded.
2) Written section for both classes have been marked and uploaded.
3) “Arsh”, your quiz score didn’t beat your test score so it’s the same.
4) I uploaded the powerpoint for Friday below.
Finally: pages 15/16/17 of the 1920s book are due Monday. Enjoy your weekend!
HOUR 1: THE RUSSiAN REVOLUTION
HOUR 2: RUSSIAN REVOLUTION FILMS
HOUR 3: THE BATTLES OF WWI Reenactments
WORK DUE TOMORROW FROM WORKBOOK 4:
1. Map of Triple Alliance & Triple Entente Countries (Colour Italy/Ottoman Empire/Germany and Austro-Hungary one colour, France, Britain and Russia another colour).
Label those “countries”
2. Do pages 26-28
BONUS MARK: BRING A NEWSPAPER
HOUR 1: BATTLEFIELD CONDITIONS… the powerpoint for this is the second half of the “Schlieffen Plan” powerpoint below.
HOUR 2: READ POEMS/MUSIC/SEE PAINTINGS/Watch Passchaendale Clip
HOUR 3/4: Looking for Love… major figures of World War 1